Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Summer Reading Ideas for KIDS!

We made it!  Another week down and we are soooo close to summer break.  I know many of you are putting special things together for you kiddos and I wanted to share some summer reading lists with you. 
We all know one of the key components to avoiding the Summer Slump is to READ, READ & READ!  Our kiddos have come soooo far this school year & I know you all want them to keep that learning train moving in the right direction. 

I used to love to send a book list home every summer for my kiddos.  I challenged them to read all summer and bring me back a list of their books.  I always had a fun treat and a bookmark waiting for them.  (See the smelly bookmarks below!)

Don't forget about SUMMER Reading at the MOORESVILLE Public Library!  I am pretty sure the theme is a SURPRISE!  
Head over to the Library on June 4th from 9:00-12:00 pm for their BIG kick off! 

Also, be sure to let you families know about NC Digital Library!  Families will need a library card to log into their account.  Tons of great reads for kiddos all summer long! 

I found a FANTASTIC site with booklists for all ages!  Check it out below! The site is called Brightly.  I like that on the left you can click the print button and it will print the list for you but the site also offers links to where the books can be purchased too if parents want that.  
Or this one is great too! 
LOVE Brightly's Book BINGO too!  Perfect for printing out and sending home!
Check out this list of chapter books for grades 1-3!  Lots of oldie but goodies and some new ones too! 
Great list of FUNNY chapter books for kids! 
Who doesn't LOVE a scratch and sniff bookmark????? I just have to share these again! These would be so fun for students that bring you their bingo boards back in the FALL!!!!!  
A summer reading log would also be a great way for students to stay on track!  Love these ideas over at My Frugal Adventures!  Several FREEBIES too! 
If you have any other ideas for summer reading, drop them in the comments below!!!!
Can't wait to see what you all come up with! 

photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment