Thursday, March 31, 2022

The Science of Math

Happy end of the week everyone! I am going to warn you on this one.  This blog is going to jump around a bit.  Only because I got some really good news!!!  AND...I couldn't wait to share it.  So let's just agree that this will be a TO BE CONTINUED post.  (As I find out more, I will let you know!)

I had the opportunity to attend an in person PD from DPI on math this past Thursday.  It was so good to be back in a group setting and to be able to share with other educators.  

While there, we focused on the Understand, Diagnose, and Take Action model for unfinished learning. I know that we have spent a good bit of this year digging into data to then take action.  

I am looking forward to unpacking some of our math standards in the future with a focus on identifying the prerequisites needed to access grade level content.  
With the pandemic and the loss of instructional time our students have had, we all know it is super important to make sure that we look at unfinished learning but also keep in mind that all unfinished learning doesn't need to be treated the same.  Sometimes it just means giving students more time or need to put forth more effort.  

This post from Achieve the Core is fantastic and it really digs into the idea of unfinished learning.  Be sure to check it out! 
Okay now to the TO BE CONTINUED part...
Jemma got wind of this in her afternoon part of the training. (I only went to the morning.). So, I will be digging more into this for use next week.  

The Science of MATH!!!!!!  
Just like our components of The Science of Reading there are components of Math. 
Click to download! 

This video digs in! 

Stay tuned for more information about how we can use this information to support our math students! 




photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment