Thursday, November 18, 2021

Vision Boards in the Classroom

Hi All!  We are SOOOO close to Fall Break!  I know you all are looking forward to some family time and a much needed break.  I have LOVED coming into your classrooms and seeing your Gratitude Pumpkins.  I hope you and your kiddos enjoyed that extra time together on Fridays sharing about what you are all grateful for. 

Since next week is a VERY short week, I thought I would share an idea that I came across a few weeks ago.  It has really stuck with me.  

Vision Boards!  And how we can use them in the classroom!  I love the idea of students creating these boards as we start a new school year or just after New Years or ANYTIME.  I think they are wonderful for refocusing and goal setting.  

This video is a great explanation of what a VISION Board is!

Top 10 Benefits of Having a Vision Board
  • Creates Better Intentions. No matter what you put on your vision board, you must have the intention to achieve it. ...
  • Makes Your Dreams Clear. ...
  • Improves Creativity. ...
  • Provides Motivation. ...
  • Enhances Productivity. ...
  • Provides Focus. ...
  • Boosts Chances of Success. ...
  • Makes You Happier...

This blog has a great post about Vision Boards and kids!  She suggests the idea of HOPES and DREAMS! Carrie Elle has some FREE printable templates too!

This video will help you introduce the idea of a vision board to your kiddos! 
This book on Goal Setting would be a great addition to your lesson on vision boards! 

I created a vision board on a recent retreat I attended and it has a BIG part of keeping me on track! 

Here are some FREE Templates that you can print and use with your kiddos! 
Check out these FREEbie from TPT!
 
StudyALLKnight has a great post about creating a Vision Board Book that your kiddos can add to all year long. 

I thought this would be an amazing idea to bring into our classrooms!  I made a digital vision board for you to use with your kiddos! (Click to grab a copy!)
But know that a simple piece of paper would work too.  I also thought that framing these boards or having them displayed in your classrooms would be powerful! 
Here are a few other ideas:
  • $ Store usually has frames & you can use the cardboard inside as the base. 
  • You could laminate them for students and then create a display in the classroom.
  • You could give them a small binder and put the vision board on the outside in the sleeve on the front. Keep all their vision writing inside. 
  • Use this idea for your Enrichment Kiddos in Patriot Block.
  • Create a vision board for you classroom!
  • Create vision boards just after MOY to help your students set some academic goals. 
 


photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment