Thursday, September 20, 2018

Q1 Classroom Management

Hi All!  Testing time is almost over and teaching time is at hand!  Now that you have good strong data on your students,  it is time to start grouping them for guided reading and math.  With that being said, you also have to make sure that your students are ready to become a bit more independent.  

That is when you must rely on your classroom management and the procedures you have put in place.  I am not going to lie, classroom management is one of my FAVORITE things!  I am kinda a junky on Pinterest for anything involving Classroom MGT!  

I have compiled some of my favorite tips and tricks for you to read through and make your own!
First,  let's start with this post from Cult of Pedagogy!  I LOVE this blog and it is filled with awesome resources for your classroom.  
4 simple keys to getting your management off on the right foot.  If I had to pick a favorite, I would totally go with Key 2-Teach Your Plan!  So often we know what we want them to do but our student's interpretation can be a bit different.  So, it is so important to model, model, model!

Also, check out these positive classroom management tricks from Proud to be Primary!
Don't pass this post by, lots of great freebies!

And...we all want to save our sanity right?  Teach 4 the Heart has some great ideas to add to your own management style.  
A secret student is a great idea for rewarding good behavior!  I love that the students don't know who you are watching.  
I hope you find something to add to your management toolkit.  Having a well-managed classroom makes life easier for everyone! Happy teachers & happy students!  
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment